Galway Simon Community is a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG), registered at 18 Tuam Road Centre, Tuam Road, Galway, H91 X2N4.
Type of information we collect
The type of information we collect may include personal data which identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. This includes name, postal or email address, telephone number and other contact information you provide on our online forms. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us via our website.
If you make a donation or a purchase on the website you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card number, we do not receive these details, they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL Software”) and are transmitted directly to our payment providers Stripe Payment Service Providers (PSS).
If you set up a direct debit donation we will require your BIC and IBAN numbers.
How we use the information you provide
We process the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to process your donation;
- to register your interest in and communicate with you about
- our services
- our campaigns and advocacy work
- our fundraising events and activities
- our volunteer opportunities
- to process your job or volunteer placement applications;
- to respond to your queries and information requests;
- to register your subscription to a mailing list(s);
- to respond to any feedback you provide or a complaint you make;
- to conduct research and analysis to monitor the performance of our campaigns, appeals, events and products.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the foot of every email we send out.
Galway Simon Community will process your personal data based on the following grounds:
- Your consent;
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract;
- Where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Galway Simon Community is subject;
- Where it is in Galway Simon Community’s legitimate interest to;
– administer and record your donation and to keep a record of your relationship with us;
– provide you with information about any fundraising activities or campaigns that you have agreed to take part in
– provide you with information necessary for any training, workshop or event you sign up for;
– assess employee and volunteer applications and recruit employees and volunteers;
– follow up with your queries;
– assess our fundraising activities.
How long will Galway Simon Community retain your personal data?
Galway Simon Community holds personal data for a range of time periods, these are guided by our statutory requirements for certain data (e.g. financial records, employment records or health and safety records), our contractual obligations and our business and risk management requirements.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We will not trade your personal details with third parties.
We will disclose your personal data if we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
The information received from you may be disclosed to a third party (Stripe, MailChimp, Eventbrite etc.) to allow us to process your donation or purchase and/or provide you with the service you have signed up for.
Some of these services may be located outside the State. We select these services based on their guarantees in relation to the security measures they have in place, their compliance with data protection legislation and where required appropriate contractual arrangements (Privacy Shield, Binding Corporate Rules, or Model Contracts). By submitting your personal data for such purposes, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Donor data may be sent to third party printing and/or mailing houses to fulfil and send our fundraising appeals/campaigns/updates by post. We will have Data Processing Agreements in place with these processors.
Personal data that is input onto our website is held on a secure server hosted by our hosting service provider. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot 100% guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet to be secure. However, once we receive your personal data we take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Web Site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most we browsers automatically accept cookies but if you prefer you can change your browser to prevent that. Although they do identify a user’s computer cookies do not personally identify customers or password. Credit Card information is not stored in cookies.
(i) To identify Internet Provider Address
(ii) To estimate our audience size and patterns
(iii) To control how often visitors see similar ads
(v) To track preferences and to improve and update our website
Under data protection legislation you have the following rights;
- The right to be informed
- The right to access information
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing of personal data
- The right of restriction
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
For further information on your rights see www.dataprotection.ie
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, as listed above, or update your contact details, please write to us using the contact details below.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data you can raise your concerns with us or with the Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois, R32 AP23. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of access to and updating or deleting your personal data
If you have subscribed to our mailing lists, you can unsubscribe at any time. Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the foot of the email, this link appears on every email we send out.
You may also inform us of any changes in your personal data and we will update your personal data accordingly. To find out what personal data we hold on you, to receive a copy of this data, or to have your personal data updated, amended, or deleted, please contact us as shown below.
Telephone: + 353 (0)91 381828
Data Protection Coordinator
Galway Simon Community, 18 Tuam Road Centre, Tuam Road, Galway.
Last updated: May 2018